Category: Monthly Goals
|November 1, 2016||Posted by email@example.com under Monthly Goals, Monthly Rewind|
So October is over, November is upon us and life is going to get crazy with the holidays on the way. I always feel like October through December is just crazy busy. Anyway, lets review last months goals:
1. Get below 190 pounds. – Didn’t happen. However, I did manage to lose 3.5 inches from my body. So although the scale isn’t changing my body is.
2. Track all meals. – Check
3. Only eat sweet treats on birthdays. – Ha Ha! Not Even Close.
4. Be consistent with blogging. – Nope, I tried. I thought about it, but I just didn’t find the time to get it done. However, I was consistent of tracking my workouts on Instagram.
5. Try some new workouts this month.- Check
Let’s just say I wasn’t as successful as I had hoped, but I did get a couple of things accomplished. I had a really hard time coming up with goals for November.
1. Track all meals. – This is an important part of my journey, at least until I get a better handle on things.
2. Get consistent with Blogging – Ok, so I didn’t get it done last month so let’s give it a try this month.
3. Take time to plan my workouts each week. – The last couple of weekend have been busy, so I haven’t taken the time to plan my workouts. Many days I am winging my workouts, especially my weight lifting I really want something more.
4. Do yoga at least 3 times a week. – Most days when I run out of time, yoga is the first thing cut off my workout list for the day. However, I really enjoy yoga and my body feels better afterwards.
5. Clean up my eating. – My eating was better in October, but it can be even better. So I want to continue to clean it up. Besides I feel better when I eat better. Thankfully, I’m not the biggest fan of Thanksgiving, so I don’t have to worry about that.
I guess that about sums it up. I am just trying to keep it going. Keep grinding. I’m determined to reach my goals.
“It never gets easier, you just get stronger.”
|October 2, 2016||Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org under Monthly Goals|
This is a big month around our house. Daddy Cameron, Thing 4 and I all have a birthday this month. Oh and my favorite holiday is this month too. There will be lots of temptation this month.
1. Get below 190 pounds. – If you have read any of my previous posts, you know that I have gained nearly 20 pounds since delivering Thing 4 last October. It is time to move that scale back in the other direction.
2. Track all meals. – I was most successful at losing weight at the beginning of 2015 when I was tracking all my food. It’s time to go streaking and record all my meals for the month.
3. Only eat sweet treats on birthdays. – With so many birthdays this month it will be near impossible for me at this point to resist. I’m just not that good. However, if I can limit it to the day of the celebration, that is a good step for me.
4. Be consistent with blogging. – I want to use the blog as a way to hold myself accountable for what I am doing.
5. Try some new workouts this month. – I run a lot. I run pushing 150 pounds worth of kids and stroller. I run because it doesn’t require too much thought, because some days thinking seems to be optional. However, I know I need to change it up to see results. I also think it is a great way for me to break out of my rut.
These are my main goals for the month of October. I have also started an Instragram account devoted solely to my weight loss and getting fit adventures. So I will see how that little experiment goes. If anything it might force me to try some new stuff just so I don’t have to look at the a bunch of pictures of me running.
“Nothing will work unless you do.”
|January 31, 2016||Posted by email@example.com under Fit Mama, Monthly Goals||
Where did December go? Overall I had a great month and was able to achieve most of my goals.
Walking Miles: 25.1
Walking Time: 8 hours : 59 minutes
Running Miles: 21.2
Running Time: 4 hours : 39 minutes
Biking Miles: 37
Biking Time: 3 hours
Lots of heavy rain made my goal of walking and running 50 miles this month rather hard. So to get the exercise in I rode my bike on the indoor trainer. That helped me reach and surpass my goal very quickly. Although I did reach my goal of walking or running 50 miles I still remained active.
I did not make it all the way through guns, buns and abs. I only made it to day 25 of guns and abs. About day 18 of buns, a spot in my left knee felt as if it was tearing away from the bone. Not a discomfort I have ever felt before. So I decided it was in my best interest to stop.
I totally nailed the yoga/stretching. Granted it was mostly stretching but it feels great to stretch each day.
Now on to January’s Goal
1. Run/walk/bike 100 miles.
2. Get boys active 5 days a week.
3. Stretch/yoga daily.
4. Lift weights on weekdays.
5. Continue to work on getting faster.
What are your January goals?